Bachelorette Glory

I am back from my Bachelorette weekend in West Palm Beach, and let me tell you, I have the best friends, family and bridesmaids a girl could ask for. I am incredibly blessed, and it couldn't have been more obvious this past week.

Thursday evening, Kristen, Kathleen and I hopped on plane filled with 80 other safety patrol kids. :) It actually wasn't too bad, and we were given free drinks on the flight. Nice.


We pretty much all got in that night and went straight to bed (after getting the room situation all figured out of course.) Friday morning we got up (Kath and E went to the grocery store), and the rest of us laid around the pool. Glorious.
After a few hours, we started getting thirsty, so cocktail hour (which we decided sounded much better and classier than happy hour) began. Everyone spread out their showers, and we got ready for a BBQ!

Kathleen and Kristen pretty much tore up the kitchen and grill, and if it weren't for them, we would have probably all gone hungry. Later that night, we took a walk to digest, and fell asleep giggling in our respective rooms.

Saturday came, and Kath and I went for a run (I ran/walked, she ran). Wendy's house is the PERFECT location for running/biking/etc. After we returned, we hurried up and changed and we all headed over to the country club!


As soon as we got there, I found out that everyone bought me a massage, and I was so excited. It was AMAZING, and it totally relaxed me. Kristin and Morag also got massages, and laughed about how it was our first time with a male masseuse. We laid out, ate the most delicious, fresh lunch and enjoyed our surroundings.


Later, we came home and started to get ready and again had to start the night off right with cocktail hour. Cocktail hour on vacations after your are tanned, showered and ready are the best. I have some pretty hot friends.


With the help of Wendy who so kindly offered to take us to the restaurant in TWO trips, we made it to our destination. We went to a Greek restaurant that had belly dancers, and the atmosphere was perfect. The first crew waited for the second crew outside at the bar. 


We started off with some flaming cheese, hummus and dips, and some other things I can't remember.

Obviously, we thought it was delicious.


And then I received an obscene amount of gift cards that totally shocked me. I have the BEST friends, have I mentioned that? I love you, guys.

After eating more than enough food, the belly dancer's led us to the dance floor. AND THEN, it got a bit out of control. We even had Wendy getting down with us. :)



It truly was the best night I can ever remember, and I loved every single minute of it. Apparently, I asked Christian to tell me a story before bed because "I like falling asleep to people talking?", and her story took all of 30 seconds to knock me out. BEST. NIGHT. EVER. Girls - thank you so much. I can never repay you for this.

Sadly, Sunday morning we had to take some of the girls to the airport to go home. :( The rest of us went to the mall (it was raining), and we picked out the bridesmaids shoes, woot woot! And of course, what would a trip to West Palm be without going to my favorite spot, City Place? So, we headed out for dinner and proceeded to have yet another wonderful evening full of laughs, cracked-out waiters and the FUNNIEST bedtime conversation EVER. "Opps I just bottom-burped."


I can't put into words how wonderful this weekend was for me. Elizabeth, my matron of honor worked really hard to make sure it was the best party ever, and she succeeded x 10. Wendy, Erin and Kathleen worked with E to plan it all out, and I just love all of them so much. All of my friends who came just totally made my weekend, and I almost cried (and did cry) about 10 times. Girls - you are the best and I love you with all of my heart. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who brought the leaf eater???

Ashley said...

We LOOOOOVE the leaf eater :) She tells wonderful stories, hehe.

Unknown said...

you should turn this blog entry into a storybook. it's so dreamy!

Ashley said...

Thanks, Jill. It felt pretty dreamy too!

Post a Comment