A Week in Review

Despite my best attempts to catch up on blogs and save cool images for wedding inspiration this week, I didn't get to touch any of that stuff. Want to know why? Oh, because we had a closet disaster this week. YES, a dis-as-ter (as indicated in the picture below).

If you know me at all, you know that I am OCD. If you know me well, you know I am particularly OCD about closet organization. My clothes need to be pressed, organized by color and sorted by length of sleeve. Purses need to be lined up by color and size. My shoes also have to follow much of that same pattern. It takes time to make sure it stays this neat, and it gives me great comfort to know exactly where each and every little piece of my clothing hangs and/or sits. Great comfort.

Well, I got a lovely phone call from Jared on Tuesday night (while driving home from work) stating that "we had a problem." My brain immediately flashed awful thoughts of Tai being sick all over the house or falling out a window (neurotic much?), but turns our my entire side of the closet just separated from the wall and was on the floor in complete disarray. Sure, that's fine, it's cool. Well, it was better than having something wrong with Tai. BUT, it turned me into an angry evil person, and I totally had a panic attack and wanted to throw things.

Jared so kindly dealt with me while I was throwing a tantrum and trying to put my clothes somewhere until we fixed the closet. Luckily, Jared loves to fix and build thigns, and after I DEMANDED that it had to be fixed the next night or I couldnt sleep and/or function, he went to Home Depot and literally built part of my side all over again (as seen below). :) He's good. Very good. This is just one of the many examples of how I know I am marrying the right person. In fact, he has decided that since he had to fix mine, he was going to remodel the entire closet to be more functionable to our needs. How great is that? Lovely, giant closets are kind of like my thing. When Carrie got that amazing closet in Sex and the City, I totally understood that feeling.


So after all of that drama, and other crazy things going on over here (more on that hopefully in a few weeks), I didn't have much time to sit down with my computer and read all my favorite blogs. Acutally, I didnt even have internet one night, and that is basically just torture.

But, to top off the week, I decided to bring Tai Poochie to A+T to meet my lovely coworkers. I obviously talk about him non-stop, and they expressed a little interest in meeting him . I probably made that up and took a little blink by someone blinking at something else as a sign that they REALLY wanted to meet Tai, but whatever. So, Tai Pooch came to work, was a little angel and even went to lunch with us. That's the great thing about working in Canton. There are dogs EVERYWHERE, and it is fairly easy to find a restaurant that you can sit with your dog outside and eat. As you can tell from the picture below, he was having a grand time guarding our table, until the heavens opened up and poured on us. But, that's another story.


Oh, and remember how I said we booked our DJ? Well, we got a call from the place we were working with and they said they accidentally overbooked the guy, and that we could select someone else (if we even still wanted to work with them). The good part of it all was that they would give us a deeply reduced rate, but now we just have to go through the process of meeting someone else and determining if they are right for the duty. FUN (sarcasm).

Have a great weekend!!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment