Wedding Schmedding - Let's Talk Honeymoon!

We are two weeks out from the wedding, but we are also two weeks out from HAWAII!!! That part of it still seems VERY surreal to me. I only have been waiting to go there my entire life. We enlisted the help of some friends who have been to Kauai for some must-see's, and so far this is what we (I) are thinking.

1) Take a ride on Captain Andy's Na Pali Cost Catamaran - yes please! Jared and I loved the catamaran adventure we took in Aruba, and this sounds surreal. I can't wait.


2) See Wailua Falls - Whether we are hiking around it or just going to see it, we need to go here. They say the best time to view this site is early morning as the sun shines on the falls. Sign me up right now (although I wonder how difficult it will be to wake Jared up. Oh wait, what is the time difference?! We will be fine!)




3) Eat a Puka Dog - That is correct. We are going on our honeymoon to eat a fancy hot dog. This comes highly recommended, and in fact we have heard that we may want to go multiple times. Apparently, this isn't your normal hot dog (because otherwise I most likely wouldn't eat it!)


4) Hike the Kalalau Trail - I may have some difficulty getting Jared to do this, but I think it would be WELL worth it. If I am unsuccessful in my persuasion, we can at least hike up to the overlook for a view of the coastline and Kee Beach. That may be more realistic. And let's be honest, I am not sure I want to deal with muddy shoes.


5) Check out Waimea Canyon -  This is the largest canyon in the Pacific and supposedly has a ton of beautiful scenic overlooks.


6) Take a helicopter tour - I am on the fence about this one, although this was my one friend's favorite activity while staying in Kauai. I think I may get really scared to do this, but the videos and pictures on the site make it look breathtaking.



And that is just stuff to do in Kauai! We will also be spending a few days in Maui, so we need to look into the offerings there as well.

Do you have any additional recommendations? Have you been to Kauai or Maui?

2 comments:

mommy g said...

Still not quite understanding, why I can't be your tour guide??????

Meghan Olesnevich said...

Hi Ash and Jar!

I actually studied abroad in Hawai'i.

If you're on Maui you have to see the sunrise at Haleakala in Kaanapali, Maui! It's amazing. You're so high up that you're actually above the clouds. It looks like you could just walk right off the mountain onto them and take a nap. Also, this might be a little lame for Jared (and if you watch Modern Family you'll think this is hysterical) however the Lavender plantation in Maui is very cool. http://www.aliikulalavender.com/
Finally, the town of Lahaina is a really cool place to hang out, shop, eat etc.

Kauai

As far as Kauai goes, you have to visit the North Shore. Just riding along the coast is amazing. Hopefully you can catch some guys surfing...it's incredible. You're right about going to Waimea Canyon - also amazing. Finally, McBryde Garden is gorgeous.
http://ntbg.org/gardens/mcbryde.php

Have an amazing time.
Let me know if you have any questions. I also have tons of pictures from my time there on facebook if you want to take a look.

Post a Comment