Out of town bags

There are many things to think about while planning a wedding, and some of the to-do's seem rather small in the big scheme of things. These items, however, still need to be addressed and planned regardless. Actually, that is not true. If you don't want to do them, then don't. BUT... there are certain traditions/things that we will not be doing/participating, and there are others we are doing, but maybe with a different twist. Have I totally lost you? Well...

Out the bajillion weddings I had the honor of attending in the past few years, I have seen some pretty creative and simple out of town bags. These bags are not required by any means and probably are not all that necessary. They are giving to the guests staying in hotels from out of town and include things like little snacks, bottled water and some wedding token from the couple.  But, I think they can be a bit more fun than that. I debated about doing them (I know that sounds terrible to my out of town guests), but I didn't know if they were just a waste of money that we didn't have. Do people even care about them? Do they just discard them? I didn't know! However, after some discussion with my brother and sister-in-law, my mom and Wendy, I am totally convinced we have come up with some great ideas.

So, we are currently working on putting together some kick-ass-Maryland-touting out of town bags. Get exited. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i support this but no perishable items! i'm glad you're getting those bags ready now to set aside so you won't have to think about it the week of the wedding.

Ashley said...

I am glad! After all, I got most of my ideas from you and Brandon :) I too am happy to deal with this now so that I don't stress about it in a month or so.

Post a Comment