Shower Madness

It's been a pretty busy few weeks in regards to the good ol' wedding. Last weekend I had my Baltimore shower, and let me tell you, it was intense. Intense in a good way, of course. While I was totally overwhelmed, I think that is to be expected when so many of your friends and family come to see you and then sit around and watch you open presents. But, much to my chagrin, it was totally amazing.

My parents came down for the weekend, and it was wonderful having them here as always. My little Canadian munchkin friend came to surprise me, and it was awesome to catch up. I saw some of my friends I hadn't seen in a while and it was SO SO SO nice to see their faces and laugh. I miss so many people that I no longer see on a daily basis, but am so happy they are a part of my life in some way.  A bunch of generous women helped plan the event. Kathleen and Erin did a ridiculously good job of helping me not hyperventilate. Really, it was extremely enlightening. Jared and I both agreed that we will be on cloud 9 when it comes to our wedding, because everyone that is important to us will be in one room having a party. That's pretty amazing.



Throughout this entire process, it's been so wonderful having so many caring people around us. Jared and I have so many great people in our lives, and we can't thank them enough for their support. We really are blessed.

In the upcoming weeks, we have some additional details to sort out and hopefully that will go smoothly. We have to determine the menu, decide on what the men are wearing and get thinking about our rings. Not too much, but we tend to procrastinate...in case you haven't noticed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment